وَلَقَدْ عَلِمْنَا الْمُسْتَقْدِمِينَ مِنكُمْ وَلَقَدْ عَلِمْنَا الْمُسْتَأْخِرِينَ
And well do We know those of you who have gone before and those who are to come later. (Al-Hijr 15:24)
To know the past as a whole proves the existence of Destiny and God’s Uni-ty. Because the One Who has created the past is the One Who creates the present and will create the future as well. Furthermore, in regard to know-ing the past and the future, the following points are also worth noting:
- From the perspective of what time means for humankind, We know all who came into the world previously down to the time of Adam, and We also know all those to come later.
- We know all those who have already entered Islam, and all those who will enter it until the end of time.
- We know those who come to the congregational Prayers first, and those who join them later.
- We know each thing and being from the atoms of air, water, and soil which will form them to their bones which will rot away in the earth.
- In a broader sense, We know those who outstrip others in belief, the practice of the Religion, and excellence in worship and behaviors as well as those who fall behind.